Deciding on the best storage solution when moving is a fairly easy task with all the available options today. Modern storage facilities offer flexible storage options and custom plans to make transitioning accessible and affordable. The benefit of any storage solution is to protect against the elements like dust, dirt, and extreme fluctuations in temperature that can be detrimental to the wear and tear of your belongings.
Moving your things from place to place already puts them at risk of being damaged. Keeping your most valuable possessions from deteriorating in a controlled environment is a top priority for many people when they need to temporarily put stuff away during a transition. The main difference between choosing climate and non-climate controlled storage is whether or not you have possessions that are susceptible to extreme temperature shifts.
Short Term Storage Provides a Safety Net
Short term storage typically refers to storing items for three or fewer months. However, with an ever-changing economic climate that people are navigating through, having a safety net to store your things makes sense. Even if you believe you’ll only need storage for a few weeks, you can be sure your furniture and possessions are secure and being kept safe while you transition. That way, if you end up needing storage for more time, your items are already in a safe place.
Top Benefits of Climate-Controlled Storage
In New York City, it’s not rare to experience heat and humidity during the summer and long, chilly winters. While storage units generally protect belongings from weather, climate-controlled storage units have huge benefits.
- Protection from extreme weather – Storage temperatures can fluctuate greatly with the weather, and if you have special items that are more vulnerable, then having a climate-controlled unit will protect them.
- Reduce the risk of damage – Storage units without climate control have the potential to damage certain types of materials because of weather conditions. If these items become damaged, there could be a hefty price to repair or replace them.
- Cleaner air quality – Climate-controlled storage units have a different seal than non-climate controlled units.
- Peace of mind – Don’t take a chance on your valuables. Having a climate-controlled unit for those specialty items ensures you never have to worry how they’re doing.
What Items Need Climate-Controlled Storage?
Almost anything can be put in storage, and a climate-controlled storage unit will benefit anything you keep in it. Climate-controlled units are a perfect place to keep valuables, furniture, and collections for long periods of time. If you’re not sure about which items would need special care, ask your storage facility or do some quick research to make sure they accept your items. Here’s a quick list of items that should be properly stored:
- Antiques, especially wood furniture
- Children’s toys or toy collectibles
- Legal documents
- Expensive electronics
- Vehicles and parts
- Some types of artwork
- Collections of valuables
Choose a Reliable Storage Facility in New York and New Jersey
With convenient facilities in Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, and in Paterson & Woodbridge, NJ, Treasure Island Storage knows the local neighborhood. Our team members are proud to live and work in the very same neighborhoods as you. Treasure Island Storage offers countless unit sizes in temperature-controlled storage facilities to give you the peace of mind you deserve. Plus, we offer a 24/7 security system to guard your belongings. We also offer the FREE use of our moving vans!
Delivering the best possible customer experience is our primary goal. Our staff and facilities are currently following all CDC guidelines to ensure your safety. Call (646) 846-9449 or complete our contact form to inquire about our available units today! You can also rent your unit and make payments online so you can stay home and stay safe while getting the storage you need.